Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mixing it up a bit

I have been trying out a few different styles using my journals, to give you an idea of what you may be able to do with them, and also to challenge myself a bit.  It is hard to move away from something that you are comfortable doing, and I struggle with that.  Using one of the chipboard journals I decided to go for a bit of a grunge look.


Hopefully it is not too blurry.  It is a bit difficult to see, but there is a half sheet of clear acetate with a stamped flower image on it, that is sitting on top of the front cover.  I painted the cover with gesso, added images and another layer and then rubbed back a bit to expose some of the underneath.  The numbers to the right are from some scrapbook paper scraps, and I have randomly rubbed 'letraset' letters and numbers over the whole thing.


I have also made some handmade stamps, and created this page using one of my large chipboard albums with the black inserts.  I love using the black backgrounds in my work.
(I tried getting a photo of the stamps I made, but again too blurry, so I will work on that and add it another night!)

I hope that I have inspired you a little.  I have a few more projects to share (very soon).  Please have a little look at my shop whilst you are here.  Any feedback on what you might like to see would be very welcome :0)

1 comment:

  1. Very arty Vivienne... I like seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete